Tuesday, June 12, 2018

Guest Post for Spellbinders | Special Moments


Hello friends!
I am really excited and honoured to be guesting on the Spellbinders Paper Arts blog. I have a card to share today I made using several dies from the Special Moments collection by Marisa Job. This is a spectacular collection with a wide variety of gorgeous, intricate dies. I love how there a number of different dies in this collection, and there is something for everyone! Here's a look at my card:

To create my card, I first started by die cutting the largest die from the Vintage Stitched Squares Etched die set from a lilac patterned paper. I adhered this square piece on my card base.

To embellish my card, I die cut the lattice oval die from the Shapeabilities Floral Oval Etched die set. I used White 80 LBS cardstock for die cutting the oval. I also die cut the same die from some White Fun Foam so that I could pop the white die cut piece on the foam for added dimension. I lightly colored the frame using a light pink marker. I also added touches of purple ink here and there on the lattice frame so that it would highlight the pink.

I wanted this card to have a very light, fun, and whimsical look to it so I decided to create some simple handmade flowers to go with the frame! I used the flower crescent die from the Shapeabilities Floral Oval Etched die set to create the floral foliage around my frame. I die cut the flowers from White cardstock, colored the centers of each flower using different color markers, and added a black enamel dot to the centers. So simple yet pretty, isn't it?

The leaves were also lightly colored using green markers. I added some gold foiled buds here and there for added interest.

The Shapeabilities Floral Oval Etched die set also offers stand-alone flowers in case you don't want to use the entire flower crescent die, which I think is very thoughtful and well designed. I die cut the largest flower using the stand-alone piece and added it to the right side of my card to help balance my card design.

The Special Day sentiment comes from the Shapeabilities Special Day Frame Etched die set. I die cut it from black cardstock and popped it using white foam for dimension.

Here's a close up of the florals. I loved how this card turned out :) What do you think ?

Spellbinders supplies:
S5-374 Shapeabilities Special Day Frame Etched Dies
S5-378 Shapeabilities Floral Oval Etched Dies
S7-215 Shapeabilities Vintage Stitched Squares Etched Dies
T-001 Tool' N One
PE-100 Platinum 6 Die Cutting and Embossing Machine - 6" Platform


Other supplies used : Neenah Solar White 110 LB cardstock, White 80 LBS Cardstock Sheets, Gold Foil Cardstock, Papericious Whimsical 12" X 12" Patterned Paper, White Fun Foam; Stick It Double Sided Adhesive Sheets; Adhesive: 3D Foam Squares, Tombow Mono Multi Liquid Glue, Double Sided Foam Tape; Kuretake Zig Clean Color Real Brush Pens, Tombow Dual Brush Pen Set: 10 Pastel, Tonic Studios Nuvo Crystal Drops

Thank you so much, for taking out time and reading my post. If you liked my card, please do leave me a comment below. :)

Have a nice day everyone!

2 comments: