Friday, July 14, 2017

Honey Bee Stamps Under The Sea Blog Hop!

Hello everyone!
Today I'm here to share my cards for the Honey Bee Stamps Under The Sea Blog Hop. We have an a amazing new release and loads of inspiration & prizes, you wouldn't want to miss. You should have come here from the amazing Galina's Blog, If not, you can start from the Honey Bee Stamps blog. Here's a look at my cards for the hop :

CARD INSPIRATION :


 I have added few clear dew drops, stars and sequins from the Coral Shell Sequin Mix.


To create this card, I started with the new Swimming By set. I stamped the mermaid on Neenah Solar White Classic Crest 110 lbs cardstock and coloured it using the Zig Clean Color markers. I fussy-cut it out and placed it on my card base. The sun-rays were lightly ink blended using a DIY stencil I made. The waves were also created using the same way. I used Broken China for the waves & Mustard Seed Distress ink for the rays. I also stamped, fussy-cut and added those tiny elements on the bottom of the card using stamps from Under The Sea set. The sentiment is from the Mermaid Song set. I added few sequins, dew drops and stars from the Coral Shell Sequin mix to complete my card.


CARD 2 : MISS YOU SHAKER CARD 



I have used the Ocean Borders stamp set for this card. I started by stamping the large 6'' X 6'' Ocean Waves pattern using Versamark Embossing ink on Neenah 110lbs cardstock and heat embossed it in white. I watercolored the background using Zig Markers.  For the focal of my card, I again used the mermaid from the Swimming By set as well as the smaller images from the Under The Sea set. All of them have been stamped, coloured and fussy-cut. I added sequins from the Birthday Bash Sequin Mix to create the shaker. I then used an inverted scalloped rectangle die frame to complete the shaker. I added another scalloped frame over the watercolored background and popped it on foam tape for that raised look. It was colored lightly using Broken China Distress ink. Matted everything on a A2 Card Base to complete my card.

BLOG HOP DETAILS :
Swim along with our New Release - Under The Sea with Honey Bee! So let's Shellabrate with some splashingly sweet prizes!!  We will have TWO winners that will each receive a $50 gift certificate to purchase new goodies in the Honey Bee Stamps Store.
All you have to do to win is comment on the Honey Bee Stamps blog and again at each of the designer’s blog by Sunday, July 16th. Winners will be announced on Monday, July 17th at Noon PST. So swim along and get ready to SEA some inspiration!

BLOG HOP LIST :
>>The next stop on the hop is the lovely, Jo Herbert. Hop over to her blog to see some amazing inspiration!

The wonderful line-up of the Honey Bee Stamps designers is as follows:

Hussena Calcuttawala >>> That's ME!


I hope you like my cards. I would love to hear what you think of them and if you have a favourite? Have a nice day everyone!

82 comments:

  1. Wow! Magical cards!! I just loved that first one - it seems like the mermaid is really enjoying the sunshine! :)
    xx Ashwini

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great shaker card. And the sun rays really draws the eye to the mermaid.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow.. Hussena !! Your cards are totally out of your comfort zone !! You have rocked it ,I loved both of them :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very light and airy. Both cards are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really beautiful cards. I love how this release has lots of components to compliment each other.. so you dont have to get them all (at one time).

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your mermaid cards are just so sweet:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, these are spectacular cards!! The mermaids are so adorable. I love your shaker!!! I love the beautiful background you did for the shaker and I love all the elements you used to create the inside. ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the underwater stamps and cards. Beautiful colors! I love the shaker card!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Both your cards are super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  10. All I am say is WOW! These are simply beautiful. Love how colorful they are.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely water scenes! Thank you for sharing the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love, love these!! The mermaids are so beautiful!! I love the designs and colors of both!! Stunning!! Have a great weekend!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful cards! I love the colorful sea creatures :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. These cards are absolutely amazing! I love both of them.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I too love the shaker card...it is so cute as are all the cards. I have not even attempted a shaker card yet, but it is on my 'bucket list' of techniques to try! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very nice and bright cards! Especially the first one is so positive!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love the colors you've achieved on her tail and the shaker is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  18. The cards are too cute! love, love, love the shaker card!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love the one with the sun rays! So original!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Gorgeous cards. I especially love the shaker card.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautiful projects. Thanks for the inspiration

    ReplyDelete
  22. Fantastic scene on the first card.
    Love the sun shining in.
    the background on the second is
    wonderful.
    thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Beautiful cards, gorgeous colouring!

    ReplyDelete
  24. So very fun! Love your card and these stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  25. The scenes you have created on these cards are so delightful. They are the perfect settings for these mermaids. Thanks for sharing your creativity.

    ReplyDelete
  26. I love the bright, cheeriness of your cards. The shaker card is my favorite :-)

    ReplyDelete
  27. Beautiful cards, especially your shaker card.

    ReplyDelete
  28. I love the colour tones you have used in your cards.
    Could not pick between them! Thank you for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  29. Both of these cards are awesome. I LOVE the shaker card with all the sea creatures in there!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Your little ocean scenes are just adorable! Wonderful details.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Really cute cards! Love the colors.
    natgodfrey4@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  32. Very pretty loving the scenes you made with the mermaids

    ReplyDelete
  33. Beautiful underwater scenes! Love your gorgeous cards and your fabulous coloring! The mermaids are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  34. I love the attention to details in your cards.

    ReplyDelete
  35. I just adore your colour combinations, and your shaker card is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  36. I am just crazy about the coral shell sequin mix and love how you have employed it! I hadn't thought of using the waves as background for a shaker, but it's wonderful. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  37. Your shaker card is amazing! The background is incredible and I love all the little "bits" you used inside.

    ReplyDelete
  38. Oh my!!! I'm totally in love for your stunning cards!!!

    ReplyDelete
  39. Beautiful cards...Yes totally different from your style...Loved it...

    ReplyDelete
  40. Love your underwater scenes...they are awesome! My favorite is the shaker card.....adorable❤️

    ReplyDelete
  41. This release was mer-made for me. I love your awesome cards.
    Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  42. WOW Hussena, such gorgeous cards! I have to say, I was never a big fan (one way or the other) for mermaids but I am now "craving them"! LOL This hop has me so inspired to play with them and see what I have been missing!

    ReplyDelete
  43. Your cards are gorgeous! The colors are beautiful! Love the colors you used to color your underwater scene!

    ReplyDelete
  44. 2 gorgeous cards! Love the colors, all the detail work and the pretty sequins. Thank You!

    ReplyDelete
  45. I love the sun rays waves you made!

    ReplyDelete
  46. I love your use of bright colors and the shaker card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  47. Your colors are gorgeous!! Beautiful cards.

    ReplyDelete
  48. Your cards are so pretty! The mermaids are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  49. Love how you used the ocean border stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  50. Your cards are beautiful! The backgrounds are divine! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  51. Cute mermaid cards. I like the sun rays on the first one and the shaker on the second.

    ReplyDelete
  52. What a lovely pair of sea scenes! I'd be delighted to have either land in my mailbox!!

    ReplyDelete
  53. Love your cards - did a wonderful job with the mermaids :)

    ReplyDelete
  54. Too cute! Love both cards! I think I need this release for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  55. Beautiful! Love the first and the bright fresh happy colors... beautifully colored... and the second.. awesome underwater scene... fantastic colors on the background...love them both!

    ReplyDelete
  56. Both cards are lovely! So cute.

    ReplyDelete
  57. So lovely, both of them! This is my favourite mermaid from the whole release :-)

    ReplyDelete
  58. I love the very sweet pastel colors you choose !

    ReplyDelete
  59. Really lovely cards! Can't decide which one I like more. You did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  60. Love the card, the background stamp looks so effective

    ReplyDelete
  61. Both of your cards are fabulous! I love the sun rays coming down on the first card!

    ReplyDelete
  62. Really pretty cards! I think the first is my favourite :)

    ReplyDelete
  63. So very lovely! I do however, prefer the first card as it seems so serene to me. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  64. great cards, love the shaker.
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  65. Beautiful coloring and I love the shaker elements on the second card. Great soft colors. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  66. Fabulous cards!! I love the scene you created with the first card!!

    ReplyDelete
  67. Love the rays of sunshine coming down, very pretty cards!

    ReplyDelete
  68. What gorgeous cards! I love the beautiful detail you added to the first card especially!

    ReplyDelete
  69. Oh my goodness she is just the cutest, and I just love the fun sentiment with the first one!! That shaker card is just the sweetest, love how you arranged them on the shaker background too!!

    ReplyDelete