Friday, November 26, 2021

Floral Springtime Card with Crafty Meraki Dies


Hello, crafty friends!
I am honoured to be guest designing on the Crafty Meraki Blog today and have a bright and fun floral card to share featuring dies from Crafty Meraki's October Release. The Meraki Floral Para-Dies cut several different beautiful florals and foliage which can be used for both A2 and Slimline-sized Cards all year long. I simply love the versatility of these dies! 


To create my card, I first die cut Watercolor Cardstock using the Outer Rectangle Die from the Essentials: Stitched Rectangles Die Set. Then, I wet my watercolor panel with water and used Tumbled Glass, Peacock Feathers, and Cracked Pistachio Distress Inks with a Water Brush in a dabbing motion, allowing the colors to mix slightly. I let the panel dry and then added some black paint splatters for interest.

Next, I die cut the Spade Meraki Floral Para-DiesApril Meraki Floral Para-Dies, and Chloe Meraki Floral Para-Dies twice out of Snowdrift Cardstock and White Foam using my Spellbinders Platinum 6" Machine. I coloured the die cut pieces using a variety of Copic Markers in different colour families before adhering down the foam die-cut pieces behind for dimension. I love how these flowers look combined together. They're so delicate and pretty! 

Next, I stamped a greeting and the coordinating banner from the Blooming Birthday Stamp Set on a strip of Neenah Solar White Cardstock using Versafine Onyx Black ink and then fussy cut the image using a pair of scissors. Once that was done, I die cut the Outer Frame Die from the Pretty Frames 2 Die twice out of Snowdrift Cardstock and White Foam and adhered it down to my panel using Liquid Glue. Then, to finish, I adhered a few Sparkling Clear Sequins to my card panel and mounted it to an A2-sized top-folding white card base made out of Snowdrift Cardstock.



I hope you liked my floral card and thanks so much for stopping by today.  Be sure to check out Crafty Meraki on Instagram or visit their Blog for tons of inspiration!

If you like what you've seen from me, please give me a follow over on my Instagram (@hussena_cal) and/or subscribe to my blog if you haven't already

1 comment: