Friday, September 3, 2021

Spellbinders & Amazing Paper Grace Holiday Medley Collection


Hello everyone!
I have a couple of cards to share today using the NEW Holiday Medley Collection by Amazing Paper Grace for Spellbinders. 
The collection is a magical grouping to celebrate one of the most festive time of the year through paper crafting. Becca Feeken designed an array of dies that can mix within existing sets to offer more creative options, and some that can be added in wonderful larger size card formats or projects.

The gorgeous die sets, the delightful Glimmer Plates, and the wonderful sentiments in this collection inspired me to create a soft and pastel Mini Slimline Card using the Joy Crescent Card Builder Etched Dies, Beautiful Inside and Out Sentiments Clear Stamp, Lattice Petal Foldover Etched Dies, Sweet Cottage Flowers Etched Dies, and the Curvy Labels Etched Dies

To create my card, I first trimmed a piece of Waterfall Cardstock to about 7.5" X 4". Next, I die cut Alabaster Cardstock and White Fun Foam using the crescent card builder outer rim and inner rim dies from the Joy Crescent Card Builder Etched Die Set. I then flipped the panel over and die cut the other side to complete the design. Then, I die cut Alabaster CardstockGold Mirror Cardstock, and White Fun Foam using the inner square die from the Lattice Petal Foldover Etched Die Set. I adhered the layers together using liquid glue, allowing a bit of the gold to show as a shadow. 

I die cut Alabaster Cardstock and Gold Mirror Cardstock using the Layer 5 die from the Curvy Labels Etched Dies. I stamped a sentiment from the Beautiful Inside and Out Sentiments Clear Stamp on to the white die cut piece using Versafine Onyx Black ink and then layered the pieces together with liquid glue, allowing for the gold to peek through as a shadow. Next, to create my floral arrangement, I die cut Baby Pink Foamiran sheets using the Sweet Cottage Flowers Etched Dies. I shaped the flowers using the 5mm and 8mm ball stylus ball tips from the Ultimate Tool Kit by Susan's Garden. The coordinating fillers were die cut from Soft Pink Foamiran Sheets using a mix of dies from the Layered Bloom Etched Dies and the Mini Blooms and Sprigs Etched Dies. I embossed the flower die cuts using the small ball stylus tip and added wire pollens to the centre of the tiny flowers for interest. Similarly, the leaves were die cut from Sage Cardstock using the leaf frond die from the Layered Bloom Etched Die Set. I arranged the various elements together on my card panel and adhered them to the left side of the card using a mix of Hot Glue Gun and liquid glue.

To finish, I trimmed a piece of Gold Mirror Cardstock and mat it over my card panel. Then, I adhered the whole stack to a top-folding white card base made from Alabaster Cardstock.


I love the way the Mosaic Bracket Card Builder Etched Dies and Pinstripe Bracket Card Builder Glimmer Hot Foil Plates & Dies Set look together. Pinstripes go with just about everything and they make the layering look simply perfect! Here I have used the two together to create a floral encouragement card.

To begin, I trimmed a piece of Pink Sand Cardstock to 5.5" X 5" and a piece of Alabaster Cardstock to 5.5" X 2". I then applied Gold Foil to the piece of Pink Sand Cardstock using the  pinstripe panel from the Pinstripe Bracket Card Builder Glimmer Hot Foil Plates and the Glimmer Hot Foil System. I repeated this process on a separate piece of  Pink Sand Cardstock and die cut the lower edge using the bracket split rim die from the Mosaic Bracket Card Builder Etched Dies.

Next, I die cut Alabaster Cardstock, Gold Mirror Cardstock, and White Fun Foam using the mosaic pattern die from the Mosaic Bracket Card Builder Etched Dies. I slightly offset the two pieces to create the illusion of depth without an excessive amount of bulk. Then, I die cut Alabaster and Gold Mirror Cardstock using the smallest circle pattern die from the Candlewick Circles Etched Dies. I layered the pieces together using liquid adhesive, allowing the gold to peek out as a shadow. Once that was done, I stamped a sentiment from the Sending Floral Wishes Stamp set on to the white die cut piece using Versafine Onyx Black ink and then popped it on my panel using foam adhesive. 

The varied flowers and foliage were die cut from Snow Drift Cardstock using the Petite Floral Potpourri Etched Dies from Amazing Paper Grace. I coloured each of the individual flower die cut pieces using Worn Lipstick Distress ink and then embossed the petals using the small ball stylus tip from the Ultimate Tool Kit. Next, I spritzed the die cut pieces with water to give them a washed-out, natural look and added thread pollens to the centres for a finished look. Similarly, the leaves were coloured using Bundled Sage Distress ink and then embossed using a small ball stylus tip. I adhered each of the pieces around the die cut frame using liquid adhesive.

To finish, I trimmed a piece of Pink Sand Cardstock to 5.5" X 5.125" and mat it with Gold Mirror Cardstock. I then adhered the stack to a top-folding card base made from Pink Sand Cardstock.


I hope you enjoyed this duo of layered Christmas cards and thanks so much for stopping by today! You can check out the Holiday Medley Collection on the Spellbinders website for more inspiration and details! 

Don't miss out on the fantastic Glimmer Hot Foil Fiesta going on now with up to 40% off select Glimmer Hot Foil Plates and 25% off Glimmer Hot Foil Rolls through Sunday, September 5th!

If you like what you've seen from me, please give me a follow over on my Instagram (@hussena_cal) and/or subscribe to my blog if you haven't already.

2 comments:

  1. Your card samples are all beautiful. Your lovely soft colors and designs make them so inviting.

    ReplyDelete