Wednesday, November 30, 2016

Watercoloring with Altenew

Hello, friends!
I am blogging after quite a bit & I am really sorry if I have not dropped by your blogs & left you some love. I will definitely take out time & visit your blogs soon :)
Today I have a card to share which I have created for the Altenew challenge. It's been quite a while since I played along with their challenges. 
I have gone totally out of my comfort zone & created a single layer card using watercoloring & masking, which if you know my style, is totally something new to me. Here's my card :



To make my card, I used the flowers from the Beautiful Day set & the leaves are from the Peony Bouquet set. The sentiment is also from the Beautiful Day set. I have tried to do some loose watercoloring using Distress inks. I first stamped by flowers using Altenew inks - Warm Sunshine & Rouge. I masked the flowers & stamped the leaves using the Forest Glades ink. Then, I stamped the second layer of the flower using - Worn Lipstick & Squeezed Lemonade Distress inks, then using a waterbrush I just spread around the colours loosely. Did the same with the leaves. Finally, I colored the background using Cracked Pistachio, Mermaid Lagoon & Chipped Sapphire Distress inks. For the finishing touches, I added a few clear sequins from The Ton Rose Gold Rush Couture Mix and black paint spatters. 

I was totally inspired by the colours of the Altenew Inspiration Challenge. I loved working with these colours on my card!

Also linking my card to the Simon Says Stamp - Anything Goes challenge.

I hope you like my card. I would love to hear your feedback on it. 
Thank you so much for dropping by!

11 comments:

  1. Oh wow, it's absolutely stunning!! It looks like a painting!! You can't tell it was out of your comfort zone at all!! The colors and flowers are gorgeous!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very very pretty Hussina, wonderful watercolouring.

    ReplyDelete
  3. good to see you back again posting and such a lovely watercolor card to come back with!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous! Really pretty! That's some fabulous watercoloring, Hussena!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beauty? Great work watercoloring, Hussena! Thanks for playing along Simon Says Stamp Anything Goes. Gayatri xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is pretty cheerful. Luv this.

    Sudha
    sudha-kalra.blogspot.in
    crazycrafter-craftsuppliesshop.blogspot.in

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous water colouring! It looks almost vintage.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have made some beautiful cards Hussena. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete