Hi, crafty friends!
I have an Altered Box to share today made using Papericious papers & Mudra stamps. I have made one after a long time, here's a look at it :
Here's how I went about altering it :
- I first gessoed the entire box so that it could take paint easily.
- I then used the Prima Chalkboard paint - Egg Blue to color my base. I made sure to cover all sides of the box as well as the insides to give it a nice, shabby look.
- I then measured and cut pattern papers from The Gentleman paper pack and distressed the edges of the paper using Hickory Smoke Distress Ink.
- Then, I have die-cut a scalloped border using the Mi Estilo paper pack and I have used this border on all four sides of the box.
- To embellish the top of the box, I have die-cut a few decorative frames using Spellbinders Dies. I have stamped the sentiment from the Mini Bunch set.
- The flowers & the leaves are stamped & fussy-cut using the Daisy Bloom set.
- I have also used some die-cut leaves and some glitter flourishes to create my foliage.
- I added a decorative buckle to the box which has been die-cut using a Spellbinder's die. I have added velcro dots on the insides for the closure.
- Added some pearls and a butterfly to complete the overall look.
I'm entering my altered box in the Inky Chicks- 5 or more flowers ( I have used stamped flowers), Crafty Boots- Use a stamp, Love to Scrap - Use 2 of something (Stamped Daisies) and Things to Alter- Anything Goes challenge ( I unfortunately don't have a picture of the perfume box I altered before starting on my project ), SSS- Try to contain yourself (I have upcycled a box).
I hope you like my project. Do leave me your comments/suggestions regarding it. I love hearing from you.
Have a nice day everyone.