Saturday, May 3, 2014

You are the Best !!

Hiya friends ,
I have a card to share today. I made it for the inspiration of the current challenge at Lulupu blog which is to make Feminine cards using Border punches & Flowers. This card would be perfect for Mother's Day as well as any special occasion. My colours are soft and I have kept the background a bit on the dark side to contrast against the flowers. So, here's a look at what I made :
                                                                   
Another view :

I got to play with my new Simon Says Stamp and Die set on this card :D I am so in love with it and I think this must be  first time that I have used so much glitter, all at once on my card. I know many of you have admired the blooms I made on this card on my facebook page, these were made with the newly bought Tim Holtz/Sizzix Flower Garland die. I really, really like this flower die, as it gives you an option of three different flowers and leaves. Totally worth the money I spent on it. You all will be seeing much more variety of flowers I make using this die :D

Supplies used :
Base cardstock -Kraft.
DCWV Pattern papers.
Embossing folder -Cuttlebug/Provocraft Textile folder.
Punch -Martha Stewart Doily Lace punch.
Dies : Spellbinders Fluer De Lis Square die, Spellbinder's Classic Squares die, Tim Holtz/Sizzix Flower Garland die, Simon Says 'You' Stamp and Die Set, MFT Die-namics Scrolled Flourishes, MFT Die-namics Fancy Flourish die.
Inks : Distress Inks -Tattered Rose, Scattered Straw. Peeled Paint, Vintage Photo, ColorBox Frost White Pigment ink, Versafine Onyx Black ink pad.
White Pollens, Pie Lane Chevron Stickers, Itsy Bitsy Glitter Sheet.

Challenges entered :
Crafter's Corner -Something Special.
Dies R Us -Anything Goes. ( Made it to Top 3 )
Frosted Designs - I have used Flowers, Green and Yellow.
SSS -Anything Goes.
SS Work out Wednesday- Use Pattern Papers ( I have used pattern papers to punch out the border lace).

Hope you like my card. Please leave em your comments/suggestions. I would love to hear from you :D
Have a nice day everyone!

31 comments:

  1. Absolutely beautiful creation Hussena! Love the design and colors you've used! Thanks so much for playing in our ‘ANYTHING GOES’ challenge at Dies R Us! Please come back again soon!

    Darlene (DRU Team Leader)
    DIES R US CHALLENGE BLOG
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card Hussena! Love the use of punches and floral arrangement :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow, Hussena, this is stunning!! I love the beautiful design and the flowers!! They look amazing!! Absolutely gorgeous card!! You should link up at Craftin Desert Divas for our Mother's Day Challenge (http://www.craftindesertdivas.com/). Have a great day :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a beautiful feminine design Hussena and I agree would be lovely for a Mother's Day card.
    Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card, Hussena! Love the punched border trims and die-cuts. Thanks for joining the Dies R Us May Challenge, "Anything Goes"!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! So very pretty! Lovely soft color and dies used! Super beautiful flowers and great touch with the glitter! Thanks so much for playing in our 'Anything Goes' challenge at Dies R Us! Come back and visit again!

    Maria(DRU-Team A)

    ReplyDelete
  7. this is gorgeous hussena.. love the soft colors and your blooms like always are a beauty!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amazingly pretty work Hussena. Love the new color combo and the blooms :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card HUssena..You r cards have amazing color combos always..I never thought colors would look this beautiful on brown base I find it very difficult color :D !

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous flowers and arranging, love the layers of borders and the way you did the sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just an absolutely beautiful card! Love the colors! Nice use of dies! Thanks for participating in our "Anything Goes" Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful! I especially love those layered borders!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ooooh...so pretty! Love those punched layers!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful! Love all the dies you used. Your flowers are spectacular and I love the light against the darker background. Thanks for playing with us at the Dies R Us Challenge and hope you'll join us again! -Jenny, DRU DT

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous, beautiful card, what wonderful flowers.

    Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge.

    luv

    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  16. Exceptional creation! You have a lovely style, and you used your dies nicely. Thanks for joining our first challenge at Dies R Us.

    Graciellie
    Dies R Us Challenge DT
    gracielliedesign . blogspot . com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gorgeous card Hussena! That die is indeed beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Awesome Card Hussena..you are so good at choosing colors and your blooms always brings smile and WOW word !! Always short of words for your creations !!

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is stunning!! Love the colors and love all the flowers!
    Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  20. So pretty! Love the layers! Thanks for joining our Spring Challenge at Frosted Designs!

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is gorgeous!!!! Great job on the challenge!!
    Thanks for playing along at Frosted Designs :-)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Stunning card and color scheme!!!

    Thanks for joining us at Frosted Designs :-)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Another pretty card by you! I just loveee the way you make your flowers! They are so gorgeous! Thanks for playing along with us at Crafters Corner Challenge #16- Something special! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  24. ooooh i lovvvveee the blooms!! so gorgeous! love the texture too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. No body has the control on colours the way u have !!! Wow it is ...
    Thanks for playing with us at Crafters Corner ''something Special" Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hello Hussena! I am popping in to say hello. :) It's been too long since I've been here. Life sure has a way of doing that to a person, doesn't it?

    This card is bee-autiful, as always. You have such a great style, and I always enjoy seeing what you've made.

    Hope life's treating you well, my friend. Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  27. WOW!!! Hussena this is Stunning :)

    ReplyDelete