Saturday, April 5, 2014

Summer fun at Lulupu!

Hi friends!
Today I am sharing with you all a CAS card based on summer theme which is our current challenge at Lulupu. I have used some really bright, happy colours for my card. And, here's a look at what I made :

I have chosen to work with Light pink, Dark pink, Yellow and Orange colour form the photo inspiration and on a embossed kraft base of the card I have placed a white embossed panel and created an ice-cream cone. Isn't it the perfect summer treat to cool off ?! :)
My sentiment banner is created with a piece of vellum strip on which I have heat embossed the sentiment using two different stamp sets and coloured it using Mustard Seed Distress ink, then secured the base of it using brads.
The scoops of ice-cream, I have created using three different colored cardstocks and a circle die for the upper round part but you can also use punches for this and a scallop square die/square punch for the bottom part and after I cut out those shapes, I embossed it with the Provocraft/Cuttlebug Swiss Dots embossing folder and voila I got three different flavoured scoops of ice-cream on to my cone :D

Challenges entered :
Allsorts- No flowers
SSS -Happy Birthday
Brown Sugar -Clean and Simple
Moving along with the times -Sweet treatsMade it to Top 3 )

I would love to hear your thoughts about my card as CAS is so not my forte so I would really appreciate it if you could do drop in a line! :)
Have a nice day everyone!

30 comments:

  1. This is looks good enough to eat. I think you pull off CAS here but as you have asked for advice...I would perhaps not have so many layers and as the ice cream is embossed the white base could be just plain? Thanks for joining us at ATSM and I hope my advice is o.k but if you disagree then yeh you can, art is in the eye...etc

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nearly back to normal, scary just how lost I've been a week without a computer.

    Super card and hope you have a good weekend.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks yummy ..I love the ice cream with colored scopes ..:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Extremely cute card and for a moment I couldn't believe it was yours because it is not at all your style.But you nailed the CAS as well as the summer fun colours.Yummy card and loved the way you combined two sentiments to make one meaningful sentiment.Well done.Thanks for inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so pretty! The ice cream looks yummy and I love its colors! The embossed patterns are fantastic! Thank you so much for joining us at the Simon Says Wednesday Challenge Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the white embossed background Hussena...such a perfect backdrop for the cheerful icecream scoops

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so beautiful, Hussena!! I love the texture!! The ice cream looks so yummy!! What a fabulous and fun card!! Have a great weekend :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely card Hussena! love the embossing and the ice cream scoops look irresistable :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is one cute card Hussena, makes me think of the summertime.
    Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yummy yummy. Brilliant use of d embossing panel. It's starting to get colder here n ur card is reminding me of warm days already :p

    ReplyDelete
  11. Now I want one ice-cream cone...!!! Its tempting Hussena..loved all the embossing n yummy colors..'cooool card ' :) !

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is so yummy and cheerful and perfect for summer.I am sorry that I can't help you with CAS,since I suck at it.;-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Every one classes cas in different ways, i love you card but might not have used as many layers. But that's just me. Thanks for joining us at brown sugar. Good luck
    Caroline dt

    ReplyDelete
  14. very cute and creative idea for the ice cream cone!

    ReplyDelete
  15. very cute and creative ideas for the ice cream cone, like all the embossing!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I do like the ice-cream cone, very cool!! Thanks so much for playing along with ASM this week!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh my. Totally yummy! Love the embossed base! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. This sure is a perfect summer TREAT !!! Love the happy colors and embossing...lovely card :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Ooh Hussena.. this is so cool! literally i mean .. i could eat that ice cream up :D.. Lovely card!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Gorgeous card love the way you did your cone! I created one simular with chipboard and dont remember what I added for the sprinkles!
    Love it! Did you recieve your package yet?

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great card thanks for joining us at brown sugar this week and good luck

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a SuPER CUTe card Hussena!!! Oh so love that color combination :) Fantastic!!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Very sweet card, Hussena. Thank you so much for joining the fun at ATSM. Good luck.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Lovely card for our no flowers challenge thanks for joining us at allsorts Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  25. Oh so sweet, so so sweet!
    Thanks for stopping by my blog to say HELLO! : )

    ReplyDelete
  26. So so cute!!! love it...such soft colors...they remind me of gelatos...ummm now I need ice cream!!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Ein delikates Eis.
    Hm, wie lecker. Ich liebe Eis, und ich könnte es jeden Tag essen :-)
    Eine schöne Karte.

    Liebe Ostergrüße aus Germany
    von Sophie

    ReplyDelete
  28. A delightful card, Hussena, and in wonderful colors. I love the ice cream and cone you made. Just so cute, cute, cute and very creative.

    ReplyDelete
  29. You do a great job with every style you pick Hussena !
    Great to see your work !
    Hugs !
    P

    ReplyDelete